Wednesday 7 September 2011

"mummy, carry me"

How  many times do we hear those words?   "Mummy, carry me!"

When those little legs grow weary....when they simply can't go on any more....when being in the arms of their parent is clearly seen as the option of ease and comfort....when they just can't manage a seemingly daunting task.

It happens often, in the life of a child.

But often do we cry out in the same way to the Lord?

"Lord, I just can't do this in my own strength."

"Father, this trial is hard, and I can't seem to walk through it."

"I am weary, Lord Jesus, I need you to carry me through this time of difficulty."

And, oh, how he delights to help his children!

No reply of

"you're too big to get carried, you need to just keep walking".

No, no such thing at all.


"even I will carry, and will deliver you."
Isaiah 46:4 




"he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom,"
Isaiah 40:11


"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:" 
Deu 33:27  


Oh, such a blessing to know that He will carry us - He will bear us through times of trial and difficulty.  We don't need our own strength, because He will simply take us up, and carry us through in HIS strength.

Be encouraged today - your own strength is weak, but God will CARRY you through!  


1 comment :

  1. Oh boy, don't I know I'm weak. Weak and weary. I am so thankful this week to have read these verses:
    Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they tht wait upon the Lords shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary' and they shall walk and not faint" Isa 40:30, 31
    and...
    "fear thou not, for I am with thee, be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea I will help thee..." Isa 41: 10.

    Oh boy, how I needed these verses, and I'm repeating them to myself these days... repeating them as prayers, that God would give me strength, when I am so weary, I feel bent double with my burden...

    As you say, He'll never refuse our desires to come to him... Praise God HE never gets weary!
    A x

    ReplyDelete