Wednesday 2 April 2014

Chatting with Patrice {on the farmhouse porch}




Hi Patrice! Sorry it's been a while since we chatted, but life's been busy.  Great to have a chance today, though.  It's been lovely spring weather, here, which is lovely.  Lovely to have the sun shining, and the lighter nights again.

Onto our chat.
  1. What's your favourite method of travel?
I like to walk.

Seriously, I dislike travelling.  I have FAR too a vivid imagination, and often think about what trauma could occur whilst travelling.  Bad, I know.

Planes make me feel nervous, but I like the speed you can travel.  

Boats?? *shivers in horror* I also tend to feel ill on boats, if it is not a crystal clear sea that we are crossing.  Having family in Northern Ireland, I have been on a ferry many times.  Worst ever journey was when I moved to Northern Ireland. Picture majorly delayed departure, choppy journey, and Seacat filled with drunk Ulstermen returning from a football match, vomiting and snoring.  Nice.  Not.

Train I find tolerable. I don't feel ill, and you can get places directly and pretty quickly.   London in 39 minutes. Yeah, baby!!! 

Not so funny with 8 children, alone. With no seats available.  then it's not very relaxing, when you have to donate your children to random strangers, just so they have at least a lap to sit on!

Car - I am happy to drive. I quite enjoy it really, but I still tend to have moments (more as a passenger.....) when I think about what would happen if we hit something else going very fast.  Oh, and I hate going over bridges. *shivers again*

2.  If you wear jewellery, are you more likely to wear silver or gold?

I am more of a golden girl.  I think it suits my skin type better than silver. MOst of my jewellery is costume stuff, and more colour than gold or silver.  I feel slightly undressed if I am not wearing a co-ordinating necklace, with whatever I am wearing. It makes me feel I am making an efffort even though I rarely go out! 

3.  How often do you wear sunglasses?

You think we have sun in this country?? HA!

Kidding!
I wear them when I am driving, and it's sunny. I wear them if I am going for a walk, and it's sunny.

What I DON'T do, is lie on beaches, with sunglasses on, sipping exotic drinks.  Not because of them sunglasses leaving you looking like a panda, more because I am not a lover of just sitting on a beach.  Never mind the fact, that with lots of young children, you don't really get to just sit and relax on a beach. Period.

SO, answering the question simply - mostly in the summer, and mostly driving.


4. Which would be easier for you to leave undone (for a short period of time), dishes or laundry?

Easier, as in having a conscience about?  Or, if you didn't do it, how much chaos would it cause?

If it's the first, I could leave them both.  I know some people cannot leave dishes at night, to do in the morning, as they hate leaving a kitchen like that.  Me?  NO problemo.  If I am tired, I know I will have far more energy to do them first thing in the morning, and I will not feel depressed or distressed seeing them there.  I would feel worse if I pushed myself to do them when feeling exhausted.  I need my energy, and have to use it wisely!  

Laundry, it's plain hard to leave.  Don't do it, no clothes to wear. Seemples. (Said in the voice of a meerkat... don't understand? Sorry. It's regional.  See the video below...)


Laundry piles up way quicker than dishes.  I have a dishwasher, and how many dishes can you use, really?

Clothing a family of 10 equals FAR more laundry than dishes!

Oh, and the other issue...the children sort most of the dirty dishes, mostly in the dishwasher.  *I* do the laundry. So, for the sake of making my life easier, I keep on top of the laundry. Even at that, we have at least 1 or 2 loads a day, of some type or another.


5.  On a scale of 1-10 (1-hardly any+ 10- house is full), how much clutter have you collected?

Oh, wow.  THAT'S a question.  Ask me, I would say, errrr, about a 5? My husband may answer differently.  I could ask him later.... One man's clutter, is another' man's treasure? Isn't that how it goes?.... *aherm*

I have more than I would like, and I often wish I could just throw everything away and begin again.  I think we have too much TOY clutter. OHHHH yes.  I try and rectify that regularly.... and then another child has a birthday.


So nice to chat again, Patrice.  Looking forward to the next time, and to the pictures of your daughter's new foal! 


1 comment :

  1. We raised 7 children and I did about as many loads a day for years. Good grief! Still, I would rather do the laundry than dishes any day. With laundry, all I have to do is get it into the machine and it does the real work. With the dishes, and no dishwasher, well...it's a hot and sweaty job that I don't particularly like!

    I don't lie on beaches either. I don't go to beaches generally, but when I do, I am looking for shells or trying to photograph the dolphins, not just lying around. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete