Monday 31 October 2011

If only.....

Do you ever say anything like this?


"If only....


............I could get more sleep?"

"If only....

......I could be more organised?"


"If only....

.....I could lose weight easier?"


"If only....

....there were more hours in the day?"

"If only....
....I had four arms?"


Any of these sound familiar?

Well, I have one for you!  I have been reading so many precious Bloggers, telling their "followers" about the lovely time they had at the Relevant Conference!  It is a conference for Christian Bloggers, to get together and learn more about how to reach people, encourage people, and bless others with their blogging.  Lovely people like Ann VoskampCourtney JosephSally Clarkson, all coming together with many others, as keynote speakers!  Think of the time of blessing, listening to these ladies encourage others in their walk with the LOrd and therefore the content of their Blogs?  Meeting other Bloggers, with the same Christ-honouring desires.

"If only...

.....I lived in America, and could go to Relevant!"

It would be such a lovely thing to fellowship with all those ladies, of like precious faith.  

But, do you know what?  I don't!  I live here, where God wants me to be!  And, instead of coveting and envying, I can be blessed, instead, by what will out-pour from their Blog's because they have had a time of blessing themselves!  

"I have learnt in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

"godliness with contentment is great gain."

I thank the Lord for the way some of these ladies have greatly influenced my life, and may they continue to be blessed, as they seek to honour the Lord.

4 comments :

  1. Hah! I could have written almost every word here!!

    I wish.... yep - I've said them all :)
    ...lived in America ?? Yep, said that too.

    But I thought the post was going to continue with: "So - I decided to organise something similar for the UK".... ;)

    ... just sayin'

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but just to say too that I have been so blessed by many, many people from the other side of the Pond. I am SO thankful for the internet. I cannot imagine homeschooling without it - not just for curriculum materials, but especially for encouragement
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME?....organise?....seriously!? Mind you, I could arrange it for down here, ask people like Kirsteen, you, Henrietta and Dawn to come, and hey presto - a super meet-up under the guise of a blogging conference! Hmmmm, now, there's a plan! Sadly, a lot of the blogs I follow ARE American's. That may be a major hitch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace to you serving our Jesus right where you are...

    All's grace,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete